Sunday 3 March 2013

Song: Tribute

I wrote this song about a month ago and submitted it both to Newsrevue and The Treason Show.   It never made it on either shows.   Rather than letting it gather virtual dust on my hard disk,  I thought I might post it up here.

I can't sing for toffee, so i can't record it.   It was written at the time when the government was performing a review of the conservate / liberal coalition.   The parody is to the tune of Tribute by Tenacious D.    Tbh, it probably doesn't sing well out loud but it was my first attempt

Anyways, hope someone likes it :))

Tribute


This is the greatest and best coalition in the world.  tribute.

About 3 years ago, me and my brother Dave here….
we was walking down a long election road.
All of a sudden, there shined a shiny Queen at the end of the road.

And she said:
"Make the best government in the world or I'll kick your balls"

Well me and Dave,… we looked at each other, and we each said…
"Okay."

And we said the first thing that came to our heads,
Just so happened to be,
The best speech in the world,
It was the best speech in the world.

Look into my eyes and it's easy to see
One and one make two,
two and one make three,
It was policy

Once every hundred-thousand years or so
When the parliaments hung
And the PM won't go
And Dave did blowwwwww

Needless to say,
the queen was stunned
a quick stamp with her royal seal
and the government was formed
she asked us (snort):
"(snort) BE you Blairs Girls?"
And we said,
"Nay, we're dave and clegg"
Cocks!!!
Ahhh, ahhh, ahhh-ah-ah-ah-ah-ahn,
Ohhh, whoah, ah-whoah-oh!

This is not the greatest government in the world, no.  This is just a tribute.
Couldn't remember the greatest government in the world.  No!!
This is a tribute, oh
To the greatest coalition in the world,

All right!!! <nick clegg> (and centre)
It was the greatest coalition in the world!!
All right!
And it was the best mother fuckin' coalition.
The greatest government in the world!!!

BEE, TOOGIE-GOOGIE-GOO Dave, GOOGLE-FLIGGLE-GIGGLE
A-FLIGGLE-GIGGLE, D-Dave
YOGA-GO Dave, YOGA-BOGA-GOGA-Dave
FLIGGLE-GIGGLE, DIGGA Conservative

And the peculiar thing is this my friends"
the coalition that we formed on that fateful night, it didn't actually sound anything like this government.

This is just a tribute,  you gotta believe it
And I wish you were there!!
Just a matter of opinion

And a haha fuck!!
Good god, clegg loving'
It's no surprise to find you can't stop it
I'm Liberal Democrat, I found!
Rich motherfucker conservative
oooooh aaah

All right! <nick clegg> (errrr centre)
All right!!


No comments:

Post a Comment